Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16780 Discussions

Agilex 7 Compile Internal Error

GMcCa2
New Contributor I

I am getting an internal error during fitter in Quartus 24.1: 

Sub-system: PHYCLK, File: /quartus/periph/phyclk/phyclk_gen7.cpp, Line: 1590.

I've attached the full error message, as well as an archive of a simplified project that creates the error.

The error seems to be related to having multiple instances of the LVDS SERDES IP. The design has 4 instances of the IP block created in the design through a generate for loop. If I modify the loop to be 0..0 instead of 0..3 then compilation completes with no errors.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Check this kdb link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000099084.html for 24.1 patch. This internal error had been fixed in 24.2 and onwards.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I try to compile without error. May be try to Project -> Clean Project then recompile again.

Attached the compiled design with database for your reference.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
GMcCa2
New Contributor I

Thanks for the update. No luck with cleaning the project, I am still getting the internal error.

I setup a virtual machine with Linux and 24.1 and it compiled fine, so looks like it might be an issue with Windows version. I assume you used Linux? 

I also tried recompiling with different number of instances of the LVDS block by modifying the generate loop. 0..0, 0..1, 0..2 and 1..3 all compile with no issue, but 0..3 gives me the internal error.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Let me check with window version and get back to you

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I had reported the problem and will get back to you once any further feedback.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Check this kdb link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000099084.html for 24.1 patch. This internal error had been fixed in 24.2 and onwards.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos