Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16624 Discussions

Assistance Needed with Cyclone V HPS Simulation

IgorKa
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

I am writing to inform you of a critical issue that is preventing me from simulating my Intel designs. I recently received confirmation from Intel License Support that the AMBA AXI3 VIP is no longer included with Quartus Prime.

Without access to the AXI VIP, I am unable to simulate Cyclone V HPS. This is a significant roadblock in my development process.

I am kindly requesting your assistance in finding a solution. Are there any alternative workarounds or patches available that would enable simulation without the AXI VIP?

I am very disappointed by this change from Altera/Intel, as it poses a substantial challenge to my current projects.

I would be grateful for any guidance or suggestions you can offer.

Thank you for your time and support.

Sincerely,

Igor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IgorKa
Novice

I am attaching a small example project that uses HPS with simple RAM. (To automatically simulate it, just run TB.bat in the TB directory).

I used to simulate such kinds of projects in this way for a couple of years. 

What is the right procedure now for simulating this project without the missing AXI license? 

Please, help me resolve this issue...

Thanks.

Igor.

0 Kudos