Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Can't get the proper data from custom component through IORD(from io.h file) macro.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I have designed a MM slave component which includes 2 conduit interface and a 8 bit register and I want to read data from that register but some how I can't get the data. 

The simulation is done by using ModelSim.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have simulate the design using modelsim and i get the read data but i think it is a garbage value. every time i got the new value and even the read signal didn't set to logic level "1" during the operation. 

So, what should I do to resolved this problem. 

I have used just simple 'i = IORD_32DIRECT(BASE, 0x00)" macro where 'i' is the integer variable.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have a known, fixed value in the register map of your slave that you can look for? Then you'd know if it was garbage or not. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeah I got the garbage value but at the same time the read signal should goes to higher level (logic 1) but it didn't. 

and after writing some data to that component i got both the wire pulse and well as read pulse so what should I do if I want only read operation.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The 'IORD' command is all you need if you only want a read operation. How are you checking that the read signal doesn't go high? SignalTap? or with an oscilloscope with read taken to an external pin? 

You're going to have to post much more of your project's code if we're to help with this. How is your Nios connected to your slave? 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos