Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Can you tell me whether, anyhow, I can run Tcl language program in Windows 8 64 bit operating system ?

malis1
Beginner

I have windows 8 and 64 bit operating system. I need to run Tcl language or program for my mathematical research purpose. I heard Linus system is required which i don't have. So can you tell me whether anyhow I can run Tcl language program in Windows 8 64 bit operating system ? I am right now learning Tcl language in Intel short course available . But soon I need to install the software in my laptop. So help me. Thanking you,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KeenYewL_Intel

Hello Malis, may i know what software tools are you using? Is this related to general TCL usage or are you trying to build this using Intel tools?

0 Kudos
malis1
Beginner

I yet have not install any software but I am learning basics about Tcl from Tcl course available in intel.

I need to run a Tcl code which someone has provided me but it has some errors probably.

I have read here https://www.tcl.tk/faq/tclwin.htm, that Tcl version 8.5 and 8.6 available for windows.

The program code which I have itself is written in Tcl and it is "tclsh" executable.

The purpose of the program is to plot a graph or figure of an algebraic function.

Can you help me installing in my windows 8 ?

Finally, may I know whether you are an Tcl expert ? In that case I can get some further help also.

Thanking you,

0 Kudos
KeenYewL_Intel

Hi Malis, I'm sorry, I'm not a TCL expert, that's the reason why i asked my question earlier because I'm trying to find the right person to help your query. Let me try to route this case to the right category.

0 Kudos
malis1
Beginner

ok, please try to transfer the question to right category.

Thanking you

0 Kudos
KeenYewL_Intel

Malis, whichever categories I try to search for, they are all tied to certain Intel software product. And I couldn't find any category that handle general TCL question. I will try Intel Software Starter pack , hope they have the expert to help you.

0 Kudos
malis1
Beginner
0 Kudos