Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16638 Discussions

Cannot Compile Vector-Add Example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having trouble simply compiling the examples in the opencl sdk. I've tried the vector add as well as the moving average. The log from the vector add is below, any advice on how to solve the error or at least how to continue debugging would be appreciated. 

I'm running RHEL 6.4 64bit with Quartus 13.0.0 & Altera Opencl SDK 13.0, 256GB ram. The .aoco file compiles without any problems, this error occurs when trying to compile the .aocx image. Please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The log should be attached to this reply. 

The error is: 

2013.06.20.10:33:18 Error: Failed to elaborate classic module /tmp/alt5876_1170532238960033223.dir/0050_sopclgen/yysystem.ptf (255)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you accessing your machine remotely using ssh? If so, you need to enable X11 forwarding in ssh using the -X option.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the log there is a file that failed elaboration, I would check to see if it even exists on the drive. 

Also if you are using a non-English language setting on your host I would try switching it to English and try compiling again since that is a known issue. Also make sure that Stratix V device support has been installed on the host.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry for not replying to this earlier. 

I was using ssh, so I simply switched to a vnc session and the compilation was successful. Georgen's solution of X11 forwarding should work too but I have not verified it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

*Edit* Oh.... now this is ringing a bell. Thanks for the reminder about SSH, I completely forgot about that issue.

0 Kudos