Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Compiling error: Couldn't open *.bc.xml for read!

beiwang2003
Beginner

I was trying to compile multiple kernel files. Here are the steps I followed:

1. aoc -c kernel1.cl kernel2.cl

2. aoc -rtl -o allKernels.aocr kernel1.aoco kernel2.aoco 

3. aoc allKernels.aocr

The first 2 steps were successfully. The compiling for the third step takes a long time, but returned the following error message at the end: Error: Coundn't open allKernels.bc.xml for read! In the allKernels folder generated from the second step, I could see kerenl2.bc.xml file, but not allKernels.bc.xml. My feeling is the way I compile multiple kernel files in a single *.aocx file as above might not be correct.

I am using Quartus 19.2. 

Can you please advise? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beiwang2003
Beginner

Now I am able to compile it successfully w/o the -o option. Here are the steps I followed:

1. aoc -c kernel1.cl kernel2.cl

2. aoc -rtl kernel1.cl kernel2.cl

3. aoc kernel2.aocr

It seems that -o option in the second step only renames the directory, but not the required file names within it (e.g., *.bc.xml etc). Now the question is how to use the -o option correctly for aoc -rtl so that both directory and file names are renamed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi Beiwang,

Can you provide a list of folders and files created in the working and non working case in each of the three steps .

So that we can compare the names.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
beiwang2003
Beginner

The error is gone by switching to SDK 20.1. The earlier error came with the using of SDK 19.2. 

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for letting the community know about the workaround.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos