Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Connecting HPS to FPGA DDR3 takes up all the address space

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Using QSYS, I connected the HPS of a Cyclone V SOC to a DDR3 Controller on the fabric side via the HPS's H2F_AXI_MASTER bus. 

The DDR3 Controller is assigned address: 0x0000_0000 to 0x3FFF_FFFF. 

Now, when I try to connect another device to the HPS (over the same H2F_AXI_MASTER) - I get an address contention. 

Using higher addresses generates the following error message: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Error: qsys.hps.h2f_axi_master: outside the master's address range (0x0..0x3fffffff) 

--- Quote End ---  

What is the address width of the H2F_AXI_MASTER bus ?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can't find an element in the table that corresponds to the 0x0000_0000 - 0x3FFF_FFFF address range indicated by Qsys.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The first row in the table is The H2F_AXI_MASTER bus that you are inquiring about. 

The addresses shown are from the ARM perspective. 

The addresses within Qsys are from the FPGA perspective.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So for example: 

1. If the HPS writes to its address 0xC000_0000 the data will appear in whatever is connected to address 0x0000_0000 on the FPGA ?  

2. If the HPS writes to its address 0xC000_1000 the data will appear in whatever is connected to address 0x0000_1000 on the FPGA ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, 0xC0000000 is the fixed base address of the FPGA subsystem components accessed by the H2F_AXI_MASTER.

0 Kudos