Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Dds

I am a college student attending department of electronic communication. 

In the subject of Digital System Design, I learned basic VHDL with Altera DE2 board 

Currently, we are using a board combining LMS7002 RF board and FPGA board from limemicro system in digital communication laboratory. 

First of all, it's a relatively old board. I do not have a site to refer to it, so it's a bit difficult. Have you used it? 

And then you go to the point, and your professor asked you to design DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis). Is there a DDS built in to quartus? 

In addition, I was supposed to use DDS IP and a fixed frequency. 

I am still vulnerable to the communication part ... (I am studying.) 

I would be grateful if you could provide us with any reference or guidelines for this area.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Do you know what the FPGA on the board is? If it's not an Altera FPGA, you'll need to use the other companies' compiler.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you know what the FPGA on the board is? If it's not an Altera FPGA, you'll need to use the other companies' compiler. 

--- Quote End ---  

It is a STREAM board connected to Limemicro's LMS7002 RF board. It has its own GUI, which is a format to upload and play rbf files. But is it possible to compile in Quartus because it is an Altera board?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

STREAM board seems to use Cyclone iV, which isnt that old and is still supported in Quartus prime. 

So Im not quite sure what your problem is?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

STREAM board seems to use Cyclone iV, which isnt that old and is still supported in Quartus prime. 

So Im not quite sure what your problem is? 

--- Quote End ---  

The professor asked me to design DDS and then I / Q Calibration, but I'm an FPGA primer and it takes a lot of time to study the theory. So I hope to catch the guidelines.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

There are plenty of examples if you search google for generating sine waves from FPGAs. Maybe you should look at those?