Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Different program results from compiling from different project save locations

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All,  

I have a Quartus II project file that I keep stored on a network work drive. As you can imagine actually running compilation and working on this location is a nightmare in terms of speed, so I decided to move the project files (including all sub-folders) to a USB flash drive. However when I compile project (on the same machine (Win 8), same version of Quartus II 14.0). The resulting program displays very different results. The one from the networked drive appears working whereas the one from the USB pen does not. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does the Quartus II software do something strange when it comes to USB memory? since its not a static drive.  

Any insight is much appreciated!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So far I have never try directly compiling a Quartus II project in USB memory. Generally I would run in local drive or network drive and they are working fine. Probably you could try with other Quartus II version ie 14.1 or 15.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what is the different result that you were seeing? can you provide the screenshot here?

0 Kudos