Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Dumb Newbie Tool Chain Q

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Am using Quartus and SOPC Builder and have created a custom component. If I modify the code associated with the custom component, do I need to edit it in the component editor, regenerate the SOPC builder file and then compile in Quartus? Or will compiling in Quartus take care of it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Am using Quartus and SOPC Builder and have created a custom component. If I modify the code associated with the custom component, do I need to edit it in the component editor, regenerate the SOPC builder file and then compile in Quartus? Or will compiling in Quartus take care of it? 

--- Quote End ---  

If you change the ports on the component, eg., add a new input or output, then you need to edit the _hw.tcl file to export the new signal or edit the Avalon-MM signals (eg., wider address bus). 

If you are just changing the implementation/internals of the component, then just re-synthesize. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos