Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16659 Discussions

Error in SOPC : The given combination of PLL input and output cannot be synthesized.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,  

I just aquired a new PC and I'm trying to generate a SOPC design which was previously generated on another PC.  

However, when I open the SOPC design on the new PC, there is a error message present : 

Error: <altmemddr>: The given combination of PLL input and output cannot be synthesized. 

I tried changing the input/output combination, but that did'nt help. 

I find this strange, since the QII versions are exactly the same on both PC's (version 11.1sp2). Even when I try adding a new instance of the DDR2 SDRAM controller with ALTMEMPHY the error message is present. 

Can anyone provide some help out with this issue ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

there are a couple of hits on altera.com for this issue 

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/spr390357.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried creating a new design, however, as soon as I add the "DDR2 SDRAM Controller with ALTMEMPHY" to the design, the error message appears.  

Also, I'm using the Cyclone III device, not the Cyclone IV E.  

It seem to me that there must be some settings in the QuartusII tool that are causing this error. I'll submitt a service request for further help on the matter
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure but I think I might have installed the sp2 before the sp1,  

however, 

I re-installed Quartus II (11.1 -> 11.1sp1 -> 11.1sp2) and that helped.
0 Kudos