Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16644 Discussions

Fonts in ModelSim-Altera Look Hideous, Linux Mint

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I've installed ModelSim-Altera and for some reason the fonts look terrible (really small, thin, and smudgy). The weird thing is that they appear fine in Quartus II (in addition to every other program I have run). One thing I noticed in this Linux version of ModelSim is that I don't get all of the typical linux fonts or truetype fonts like Courier New (I have msfonts installed) to choose from. Does anyone know of a way to change the settings to add anti-aliasing or font smoothing or change where ModelSim-Altera pulls fonts from?  

FWIW, I have ModelSim SE installed in Wine and the fonts look great. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't know that answer, but agree. Running Ubuntu 12.04LTS and looking at the text in the code editor in Modelsim gives me a headache.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Don't know that answer, but agree. Running Ubuntu 12.04LTS and looking at the text in the code editor in Modelsim gives me a headache. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi ttamscanl I just wanted to provide an update. I recently found out my Nvidia graphics driver was not installed properly (It showed as 'Failed' after I ran 'inxi -Fxz' command). I just downloaded and installed the latest driver for my card and it fixed my text issues. Who would have guessed.
0 Kudos