Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16690 Discussions

Have both versions of Intel SoC EDS Professional and Standard but Pro version won't launch?

Embeddedesigner
New Contributor I

I have the Intel SoC EDS Standard version running for an older board I have, the Terasic DE1-SoC which has the Cyclone V on board. I also have downloaded the SoC EDS Pro Version so I can compile designs to use HPS resources on a Terasic S10 Apollo which has the Stratix 10. I have no issues launching the SoC EDS Command. bat for the standard version,  But when I go to launch the Pro version it opens and terminates quickly. 

Are both versions essentially the same ? If not, is there a conflict with one causing the pro version to terminate?

I have the same versions, 20.1 for both.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi Embeddedesigner,

SoC EDS is a discontinued product, which is no longer supported referrring to the link:

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/SoCEDS#Configure_FPGA

Anyway from the examples it is working with 20.1 pro version. I think it should not have any problem. I think can check with the setup from the linke if there is any difference from your setup.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Embeddedesigner
New Contributor I

Ok thank you,

The Intel Arm DS Studio webpage does state:

"Arm DS for Intel® SoC FPGA works in conjunction with the Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (SoC EDS)."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/soc-eds/arm-ds.html

Must be out of date. I still havn't gotten the legacy version to work yet. But I'll transition over to the Arm DS studio for future HPS development. One thing I did also note was that if a user bought a development board through Terasic or another approved vendor, you have to buy the software for $995. Otherwise if you buy the dev board straight through Intel, the fee gets waived. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Embeddedesigner,

Do let me know if you have further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Embeddedesigner,

I will close the thread if no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Embeddedesigner,

I am closing the thread for now as we do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos