Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16720 Discussions

Help! PCI Lite can't be found in Component Library

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus version:11.1sp2 

1.I can't find the PCI Lite core in the Qsys component library, but in 9.1 I can find it. 

2.In the directory"C:\altera\11.1\ip\altera\sopc_builder_ip",i can find the altera_avalon_pci_lite ip core.If i use the component editer to open the pci_lite_hw.tcl,there will be an error.See the error.bmp 

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you in advance:)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This isn't an answer to your query, but does the PCI Lite core actually work? 

I wasted a good amount of time on a (fixed price) project where the client wated to use the PCI Lite core fighting to get it to work.  

I wasn't using the standard pinout (because it's crazy) but everything else was 'normal'. 

In the end we managed to get the full PCI Compiler core at the 'right price' because of our woes. This worked as intended first build. 

Has anyone actually got the PCI Lite core to work? 

Nial.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't use the PCI Lite Core in a project.I saw a white paper from altera about interfacing a external processer to altera fpga.So I want to do some simulation.I have donwloaded a reference designe from Lattice which have a WISHBONE interface,I'll try to write a PCI to avalone master interface.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I find the reason.PCI Lite and PCI Compiler doesn't support by Qsys,just exist in SOPC.

0 Kudos