Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16836 Discussions

How do I customize toolbars in Quartus 10.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After installing Quartus 10.0, I attempted to modify the toolbars to add some buttons that I use a lot. I tried the usual suspects, i.e., right clicking on the existing tool bar and looking under the tools menu, but there was no customize option available. This is a change from previous versions of the tool. Where has this capability been moved to. 

I already checked the Quartus online documentation. Unfortunately, this documentation (http://quartushelp.altera.com/10.0/mergedprojects/global/global/gl_view_set_pref.htm) points to the customize option under the Tools menu.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i don't think this made it into the new GUI yet. i suspect the document is wrong

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Fair enough. Not sure why it was removed. The capability existed in older Quartus versions.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i'm not sure it was removed as much as not yet implemented, but you could file a service request to make sure this is planned in a future release

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I verified with Altera that this is on the list capability is on the list for the next major release.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For BrettFavre,  

can you tell me where do you find the list of Quartus improvements that are planned for future releases? 

Thx
0 Kudos