Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to enable pull-up of IOs?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to enable the weak pull-ups of the I/Os. Is it possible to enable those using verilog code itself? Is it possible to enable the weak pull-up via programmable control bit from design? 

Thanks, 

Suby
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Pin features like current strength or pull-up enable can be only set at compile time.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. Would you please let me know how can I set the pull_up enable? Can it be programmable based on the design register settings?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I am going crazy. I have the same problem, except I have done it many times before. 

I thought is was meant to be done in a column in the Pin Planner tool (found under Assignments menu). Now I see there is no column for this. Did it disappear from the tool somehow? I am using Quartus II version 12.0 SPII and Cyclone IV. 

Someone please help! Restore our sanity!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the pin planner, right click in the pin list area. There from the context menu, select "Customize columns" and you'll be able to enable back the weak pull-up column.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Daixiwen. So I have gone crazy! How did I miss that? 

Anyway, now we know. About the pins, that is. 

SlowClock.
0 Kudos