Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How to speed up simulation in Modelsim SE 10.4

sqd0524
Beginner

Hi,

I use Modelsim SE 10.4 to simulate LDPC IP core generated by Quartus, but it runs too slowly. It uses 1 second to simulate 4 clock periods. How can I speed up the simulation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sanket_Doshi
Beginner

Depending on your install, your simulator resolution may be picosecond by default. Check your modelsim.ini and look for the Resolution variable under the [vsim] header.

Alternatively, you can force the resolution on the command line. You are very close to your example. The syntax is vsim -t ns for nanosecond resolution.

0 Kudos
sqd0524
Beginner

Hi Sanket_Doshi:

The Resolution variable under the [vsim] header in my modelsim.ini had already been setted as  nanosecond. But my simulation on LDPC IP core runs very slowly. I want to know how to speed up the simulation. The modelsim's verison is ModelSim SE-64 10.4.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sqd0524

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the information provided by the community has been helpful. Also, we noticed that your inquiry seems to be related to ModelSim Software and Intel® Quartus® Prime Software. We have a forum for those specific inquiries so we are moving it to that forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Intel® Quartus® Prime Software forum >> https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/bd-p/quartus-prime-software

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos