Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 Discussions

I can't get any output value of FFT IP simulation with NCO IP input.

Loren11
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to simulate with fft ip with nco ip input. But I can't get any value on waveform.

I just  made project with nco ip, fft ip and top module.

I add each .qip files on project.

and open Altera-modelsim by RTL-Simulation on Quartus Prime Standard 17.1.

I created testbench and tried simulation but it occur errors, so I can't get any signal with value.

( one of the error is

'Error: (vsim-3033) E:/intelFPGA/working_directory/fft_ip/nco_gen/synthesis/submodules/nco_gen_nco_ii_0.v(332): Instantiation of 'asj_nco_isdr' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /fft_ip_tb/ufft/u0/nco_ii_0 File: E:/intelFPGA/working_directory/fft_ip/nco_gen/synthesis/submodules/nco_gen_nco_ii_0.v'

)

Is there things I have to do more? 

When I did test with 1 ip, I changed directory to simulation/mentor and use msim_setup and ld_d command.

But now I'm using 2 ip, so I don't know how I can add submodules...

Altera-modelsim Transcript errorAltera-modelsim Transcript error

nco fft modelsim2.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please first try by giving a constant input to FFT IP and once it worked then feed NCO IP output to the FFT IP.

Also, You need make sure to add your testbench and dependent files in the script you are executing.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Loren11
Beginner

I tried simulation with example of FFT IP.

I just made example design using Platform Designer and I added fft.sip and fft.qip file to project.

and I set fft_ii_0_example_design.v file to top module.

-> compile is ok (in Compilation menu)

I changed to RTL simulation and start but I failed simulation...

fft error intel.PNG

fft error intel1.PNG

0 Kudos