Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

I have some error to use OpenCL.. please help me.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hellow guys, I have some problem to use opencl. I am using AOCL and quartus 13.1 version. My probelm is when i command " aocl diagnostic" the error are occcur. the message is belowe that. 

aocl diagnostic: Running diagnosticrom /root/altera/13.1/hld/bord/plda/xpressgx5lp/linux64/bin 

running diagnotic for : acl0 

FPGA is in user mode. Enablin bridges 

Using platform:Altera SDK for OpenCL 

Failed clGetDeviceIDs. 

Error code: -1 

aocl diagnostic: failed. 

so I want to fix the problem and to use the board. what is cause and solution of this problem.
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

In the process of finding the data, I have some error about diagnostic. The FPGA test imege, i did, isn't for OpneCL imege. It means that it is just test imege to verify connecting FPGA with motherboard. So, I think, if I success to load the flash memorry, the "diagnostic command" doesn't working. That is my think. :) 

--- Quote End ---  

Really? :D 

Of course that wouldn't work. You MUST have an OpenCL image to load on the FPGA so that the PCI-E core is configured and enabled. Look into your BSP folder, there should be some test/top sof file in that or there should at least be pre-compiled images for Altera's test examples. If no such thing exists, you can compile one of Altera's OpenCL examples yourself and try to program the FPGA via JTAG using the top.sof file (and not the aocx file) you will get in the compilation folder. 

"failed clGetDeviceIDs" means the host cannot detect your board via PCI-E.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Long time no see dear HRZ. 

Although I had many try to work FPGA, I failed all. Now.. I have to change the board. I compile the OpenCL file and c++ file. And I make the excution file. Then run it. But I have bellow error message. 

FPGA is in user mode. Enabling bridges 

Querying platform for info: 

================= 

CL_PLATFORM_NAME = Altera SDK for OpenCL 

CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR = Altera Corporation 

CL_PLATFORM_VERSION = OpenCL 1.0 Altera SDK for OpenCL, version 13.1 

ERROR : CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND 

Query for number of devices failed 

I think my computer doesn't recongnize the FPGA board via PCIE slot. All my try is failed because the "Device not found". I changed my mainboard. bot I failed too. Now I have no way to use this board. what is your recomendation? Is it best wqy to change the other board?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check my previous reply. Unless you program the FPGA via JTAG using an OpenCL image, and then reboot your machine so that the board is detected via PCI-E, you will never be able to use this board with OpenCL. Changing your hardware will not help.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First. I don't have the test image for OpenCL and download the test image for OpenCL. Becuase the board vendor doesn't supply the OpenCL board. 

Second. I don't program the flash in FPGA. Becuase that work need to vendor's porgram. previously mentioned, the board vendor doesn't supply the OpenCL board. 

So I don't use the board for OpenCL. Thank you for everything you've done for me.
0 Kudos