Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

ISE error message for synthesis

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hii  

i'm using ISE  

i've tried to synthesis my built engine but it takes alot of time with no end, it pass parsing and elaboration and then stay in HDL synthesis step with no hope of ending this step.. so i decided to synthesis every component alone first then synthesis the top level one but when i started by the low level component i got this erro message 

Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture. 

i don't know what i've missed or what to do 

I would be so happy for your reply.. 

thanks, 

Niveen..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I tried to install ISE it seemed there where a lot of licences and you always need to have a licence to do something with it, as far as I understood. 

So if you haven't assigned a licence file yet, that will probably be the problem. I don't know anymore where to do it, but there is a document on the net that tells you. 

But maybe it would have been a better place to ask such a thing in the xilinx forum, since I assume there will be a lot more people know how to deal with ISE.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ISE Questions should be put on a Xilinx forum. 

Otherwise - have you tried using Quartus?
0 Kudos