Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16684 Discussions

Intel refused to grant me a license for Quartus Prime Pro software through a vendor?

Embeddedesigner
New Contributor I

I have a board I bought from Terasic called the DE1-SoC, but I have essentially ran out of resources on the board so I upgraded and bought one of there Apollo S10 Dev Kits, which has the Stratix 10 on board. In order to compile designs for the Stratix 10, you need the Quartus Prime Pro software. So I purchased it through one of the listed vendors on the Intel site, that listed Digikey.

So I purchased the software, and a week later, I got a reply from Digikey through there expedition managers that said Intel will not sell a private individual the software unless you work for a company.  I don't work for a "company", I work for myself. I have my own business.

So they declined that as well. So I contacted Digikey, and asked them where on the site does it list there is a restriction for the purchase of there software? They said there is none. it must be in there Terms and Conditions.

So I looked at the intel website. 

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/intel/SW-ONE-QUARTUS/15668225

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/documents/quartus-prime-compare-editions-guide.pdf

Nothing is listed for a restriction.

On the intel website, if you purchase one of there dev boards, you get 1 free year of Quartus Prime Pro software included.

Can someone please point out to me anywhere, why is there a restriction on this software for personal use or business use? I have gotten ZERO communication from Intel pointing out why there is a restriction or to show me ANYWHERE this exemption listed on the Intel website or through there vendors. Why on earth wouldn't the approved vendors list show this exemption? If this is the case, why even have a vendor sell the software?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. Apologize for the inconvenience happen. We will be checking with customer service team and marketing team on this issue. Meanwhile, could you provide details for verification check?

Name :

Email add:

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Embeddedesigner
New Contributor I

Hello,

I did indeed contact you via PM and provided the listed information. You have not reached out to me. 

Per Intel, and Digikey which is an approved vendor who sells the Quartus Prime Pro Software, there are NO restrictions on who can buy it. I received correspondence today from Digikey whom I purchased the software, that I'm not a company and they are declining my order.  The two links I have sent clearly has NO restrictions at all. This is disappointing and frustrating that Intel cannot market this product right or there is error on there part. Had the part been restricted, there would be no cost figure on any approved vendor site selling the software or there would be some note attached that it's restricted.  I already bought a development board with an Intel part on it, now I can't use it ?

0 Kudos
GeneF
Employee

Seems like the communication broke down somewhere along the line. This thread shows a request for information:

Name :

Email add:

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

...and you indicate you provided that, but the case was transitioned to community support due to lack of the requested info. So clearly something went amiss. Would you mind providing the information again (or at least your email add) and I will be able to see that the issue is resolved. If you would prefer to send a private message, you can contact me at eugenex.louis.forte@intel.com . 

0 Kudos
Embeddedesigner
New Contributor I

Name : Ryan D. Hobbs

Email add:  <r.hobbs@customlogicsolutions.com>

Company Name : n\a

Company Address : n\a

NICID(Mac Add) : BC-09-1B-F4-BB-95

I want to add, in my original post, I posted two hyperlinks to documentation that Intel and Digikey advertises this software without any restrictions. My latest attempt to purchase the software, Intel advised me the following, today, 12/22/2023  

"Intel has advised to process a license order, they first need to set-up a company account. Without this information, they are not able to accept this order."

0 Kudos
GeneF
Employee

Thanks Ryan, We are looking into this and hope to have it resolved promptly. 

0 Kudos
WeiHanT_Intel

Dear Embeddedesigner,

Thank you for providing the information. We will put this post to closure through private messaging (AR_A_Intel has already been in touch with you to acquire the license). This thread will now shift to community support. Should you have any new questions, please create a new post, and our team of Intel experts will be ready to assist you. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

WH

0 Kudos
Joel_Aaron_Seely
Employee

Hi Ryan.

Thanks for highlighting this issue.  We are looking at fixing the process so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.  I will contact you at the e-mail you provided to gather a bit more information to use for improving the situation.

Regards,

-Joel-

Joel Seely

Product Marketing Manager - Quartus Tools

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Ryan.

Thank you for update in private mail. We would like to apologize and regret the unpleasant experience that you have encountered. I will feedback to internal team about this difficulty for future release enhancement. For now, I am going to transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Thank you for your understanding and for using Intel Forum.

0 Kudos