Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16630 Discussions

Jtag Server Error code 44

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am recieving a the following errors 

Error: Device chain in Chain Description File does not match physical device chain -- expected 3 device(s) but found 2 device(s). 

Error: Unexpected error in JTAG server -- error code 44 

Error: Operation failed 

I am running Quartus 10.1. When i click auto detect in the Quartus programmer it detects the 2 deices but when i add an example file and run the configuration it throws the errors above. 

I'm as new as it gets when it comes to FPGA and Altra products. Could any one help me on this. 

Thank you
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm getting the same error code as well, were you able to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if your problem is identical to the OP's, you want to double click in the File column in the row of the device you are trying to configure and then select the programming file. if you add a new programming file to the list, you'll have a duplicate of the target device and get the mentioned error

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

if your problem is identical to the OP's, you want to double click in the File column in the row of the device you are trying to configure and then select the programming file. if you add a new programming file to the list, you'll have a duplicate of the target device and get the mentioned error 

--- Quote End ---  

What they said is correct.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you!

0 Kudos