Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

LVDS transmitter maximum output clock

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. I don't understand this (datasheet Stratix II GX, volume 2 10-17) 

"The ANSI/TIA/EIA-644 standard specifies LVDS transmitters and receivers capable of operating at recommended maximum data signaling rates of 655 megabit per second (Mbps). However, devices can operate at slower speeds if needed, and there is a theoretical maximum of 1.923 gbps. Stratix II and Stratix II GX devices are capable of running at a maximum data rate of 1 gbps and still meet the ANSI/TIA/EIA-644 standard." 

I want to operate at maximum speed outclock whit divide factor 1. So my outclock frequency is the same of output_data_rate. Megawizard maximum output clock is 717mhz

Can I work at greater frequency? How?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

717 MHz is the maximum output clock frequency for LVDS pins, so you can't achieve a higher data rate with divide factor of 1. A Clock frequency of 717 MHz involves a double toggle rate compared to a data rate of 717 Mbps. You must use a least a divide factor of two to achieve the maximum Stratix II GX LVDS data rate of 1040 Mbps.

0 Kudos