Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

MAX II

mouwei
Beginner

I want to use the quartus II13.1 version to perform static timing analysis on the chip EPM2210F256I5 of the MAX II series under three working conditions, but I found that the set operating conditions are not as good as the timing models with different temperatures and voltages in the tutorial (Fast 1100mV 40C Model, Slow 900mV 85C etc.), I would like to ask how to achieve static timing analysis under different working conditions我想用quartus II13.1版本对MAX II系列的芯片EPM2210F256I5在三种工况下进行静态定时分析,但是我发现所设置的工作条件不如教程中不同温度和电压的定时模型(Fast 1100mV 40C Model, Slow 900mV 85C等),我想问一下如何在不同工况下实现静态定时分析

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know why you want to change the temperature and voltage?

The valid operating conditions available for MAX II EPM2210F256I5 device is 5_slow and MIN_fast. 

The slow vs fast simply means the slowest and fastest conditions for that speed grade, which is speed grade 5 for EPM2210F256I5 device.

As long as both the timing corner (slowest and fastest) is met, then you are good to go.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
mouwei
Beginner

Hello, I need to do static time series analysis under three working conditions (maximum working condition, minimum working condition and typical working condition), in which the maximum working condition is the highest temperature and the lowest voltage; The minimum operating condition is the lowest temperature and the highest voltage. Typical operating conditions are normal temperature and normal voltage. Therefore, I would like to know how quartus II13.1 changes the voltage and temperature conditions for MAX II series chip EPM2210F256I5 to simulate these three environments

0 Kudos
mouwei
Beginner

I use quartus II13.1 version to conduct static timing analysis on the Cyclone series of chips. The software will come with several operating conditions, such as the Slow 1200mV 85C Model and Slow 1200mV 0C Model, in which voltage and temperature values are defined. But I use the MAX II series chip EPM2210F256I5 only 5_slow and MIN_fast two, is the chip does not support static timing analysis under different temperatures and voltages? May I ask whether quaruts II13.1 can customize temperature and voltage for static time series analysis?

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

Quartus timing analysis can only be done under the environmental conditions predefined in QuartusII for that device family.

You can't choose an arbitrary operating temperature and/or voltage. You can only choose from the predefined menu.

Think about it. To do simulations at an arbitrary temperature and/or operating voltage would require a spice-level
recharacterization of the device timing model, and that is beyond the capability of what QuartusII can do.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately, Quartus does not have the capability to change the temperature and voltage.

As mentioned previously, the valid operating conditions available for the MAX II EPM2210F256I5 device are 5_slow and MIN_fast.

Is there any bottleneck that you are facing?

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos