Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15555 Discussions

MAX10 .pof programming fail

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm trying to program .pof file in MAX10 of our custom board but it fails with the following messages: 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Wed Sep 13 10:31:58 2017 

Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x031030DD 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Wed Sep 13 10:31:58 2017 

Info (209016): Configuring device index 1 

Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x031030DD 

Info (209007): Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured 

Info (209011): Successfully performed operation(s) 

Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Wed Sep 13 10:31:59 2017 

Error (209012): Operation failed 

The .sof programing is working. I'm using Quartus 16.1.2 build 203. I have 10K pull up on all configuration pins and CONFIG_SEL 1K pull down.  

We are using "single uncompressed image" configuration. 

Moreover in the programming interface, I can see a strange situation: in the program/configure column I can see only CFM0 while MAX1016 (the MAX10 we use in our board) has CFM1 and CFM2 too (attached the screenshot). 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance, 

Giuseppe
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you clicked Auto Detect? Maybe the programmer is not initially detecting your device correctly.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

we have solved: the problem was the point 

"To enable the real-time ISP mode, turn-on the Enable real-time ISP to allow background programming"  

but IMHO tha Altera documentation is not so clear; in fact if the MAX10 is green (never flash pragrammed), the .pof programming works only if you first program .sof file.  

Hope it helps someone. 

Bye, 

Giuseppe
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Giuseppe, 

I am experiencing the exact same problem with a MAX10M50. 

My programmer window is just like yours in your attached image. I do not see the CFM1 or CFM2. 

I can program the .sof, but can't get the CFM to pass. In fact, I have an LED driven (via transistor) from the DONE pin and I can see Done Flash once very short and again for around 250ms before the operation fails. 

I tried to turn on the "Enable real-time ISP to allow background programming" from the programmer, but that causes the programming operation to fail sooner. 

Can you provide any more insight? 

Thanks, 

Mike
HalmonCelman
Beginner

Hi,

If anyone has same problem, as Mike had, it is nedded to :

-> turn on box "Enable real-time ISP[...]"

-> program FPGA from .sof file

-> program FPGA from .pof file ( with box turned on )

Hope it helps someone.

Regrads

Halmon Celman