Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

ModelSim crashes with Xilinx Vivado 2020.1

anandunair
Beginner

I am having trouble launching Modelsim from Xilinx Vivado 2020.1. I am using ModelSim- Intel PGA Starter Edition 10.5b (Quartus Prime 18.1). As soon as I run simulation from my Vivado 2020.1 platform, it crashes within seconds. The error code is 211, which is apparently licensing issue. But the starter edition is free version. But still get the same error. I checked on the internet where it is mentioned that it may be some design problem. I am trying a simple design but still face the same problem. Could anyone help me with the problem? Attaching the relevant screenshots for your reference.

anandunair_0-1603051286976.png

anandunair_1-1603051325806.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Any reason that you want to run Intel FPGA modelsim in Xilinx environment? Xilinx should have their own simulation tools to be run from their side.

0 Kudos
anandunair
Beginner

So I am trying to co- simulate the QEMU emulator available with Xilinx Vitis IDE. That's why I need to launch ModelSim here. The problem is Xilinx can't run the Altera specific IPs which we have to simulate. Thus can't use the Vivado's in- built simulator  

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

If you want to run Xilinx design in Intel FPGA, You first need to do migration before you can do any simulation, you can look into the document here on how to do the migration: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an307.pdf

Look for area:

3. FPGA Tools Comparison 4. Xilinx to Intel FPGA Design Conversion 

After that, you can just launch the modelsim mention in

3.3.12. Simulation 

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further queries?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos