Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Modelsim not launching

Leon5
Novice

I have encountered a problem with Modelsim Intel-FPGA starter edition 10.5b. When i try to run the RTL-simulation tool, modelsim won't open

I get these messages:

Info (22036): Successfully launched NativeLink simulation (quartus_sh -t "c:/intelfpga_lite/18.1/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink/qnativesim.tcl" --rtl_sim "Lab3" "Lab3_tolo")

and

Info (22036): For messages from NativeLink execution see the NativeLink log file C:/Users/leont/OneDrive/Dokumenter/2. semester/Digitalteknikk (ELPE1400)/Lab 3/Lab3_nativelink_simulation.rpt

I have specified the path in EDA tool options as:

C:\intelFPGA_lite\18.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem

I have tried many solutions from the internet, but yet not fixed it. Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I tested without any problem check attached screenshot. May be due to bad installation, try to re-install again and see.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
Leon5
Novice

Hi,

I have tried to re-install on the same location but it didn't fix the problem, is there any other possible solutions?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Make sure un-install first and totally delete the file folder as well as the modelsim.ini.

Then re-install again.

Thanks,

Sheng

0 Kudos
Leon5
Novice

Hi, i tried that as well, without any luck. Is it possible that my wi-fi can prevent modelsim to launch. Because when i used a public wi-fi, it worked. But not on my private wi-fi?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Probably that's the case. Your private wi-fi prevent some of the .exe from being running. Firewall, anti-spyware, and anti-virus settings will cause same problem as well.

Thanks,

Sheng

0 Kudos
Leon5
Novice

Hi,

I have tried to deactivate my firewall, ani-spyware, and anti-virus setting. And that didnt work also. Any more tips?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Then probably have to use other wifi instead of the private wi-fi. May be there's something is blocking when using private-wifi.

0 Kudos