Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Modelsim simulation in Quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to simulate using Modelsim in Altera Lite environment. I entered in the Tools directory the location of the Modelsim executable, which also has the file "student_license_dat", a valid license that Modelsim provided me. However when I try to simulate with it, I get a long message that LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE is not pointing to the correct license file. I could not find this file anywhere in the directory where Altera Lite is stored. Where do I add the tile. 

the log file is empty and does not give any helpful hint either. Can someone help?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am trying to simulate using Modelsim in Altera Lite environment. I entered in the Tools directory the location of the Modelsim executable, which also has the file "student_license_dat", a valid license that Modelsim provided me. However when I try to simulate with it, I get a long message that LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE is not pointing to the correct license file. I could not find this file anywhere in the directory where Altera Lite is stored. Where do I add the tile. 

the log file is empty and does not give any helpful hint either. Can someone help? 

--- Quote End ---  

LM_License_file is a system variable. Go to control panel=>system=>advanced system settings=> environment variables and add: 

LM_License_file  

and set its value to point to your license location
0 Kudos