Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Multiple test benches

Ben67
Novice

Does Quartus Prime (I am using 21.1 Lite with an evaluation version of Active-HDL) support per-module simulation test benches?  I have only been able to configure either RTL or gate-level simulation of the top level module thus far.

I have many years experience in XIlinx ISE and Vivado, and am accustomed to writing module:test bench pairs, and would really prefer this approach as I have some rather complex designs to port into new devices.  Simulating only at the top level seems, well.... ridiculous.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,

Right-click at the submodules and select properties. Then, set the library path to the path where your project file located. So that those submodules can be compiled into Modelsim or Questa library and to be further used in testbench.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,

May I know any further update or Should I consider that case to be closed? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
Ben67
Novice

I am still awaiting a perpetual license for Active-HDL in order to confirm this solution works.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sure. Let me knows if any further updates or considerations.

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos