Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

NIOS hex file does NOT get compiled into FPGA

WShep1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I had been building NIOS software for my MAX10 design and compiling it into the FPGA code for sometime when all of a sudden, the new NIOS software stopped compiling into the FPGA.  Now when I compile the FPGA, I get an older version of the NIOS software compiled instead of the latest version.  If I run the new software or debug it from NIOS SBT for Eclipse, it works perfectly.  However, after I 1) "Make a new Target", 2) check that a new hex file has been created in the correct location, 3)check to be sure the Initialization of the On-Chip Memory in Qsys is pointing to the same hex file, and 4) compile the FPGA in Quartus Prime, I always get an old version of the software not the new build.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this to occur.  I probably mistakenly set some switch or parameter to the wrong state, but I don't have a clue as to how to fix this situation.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Bill

May I know are you booting from on-chip RAM or on-chip flash of MAX10 ?

To generate hex, you can follow, in your project folder, Make Targets->Build, click mem_init_generate and then Build to generate hex for on-chip RAM and on-chip flash for MAX10.

Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Bill

May I know are you booting from on-chip RAM or on-chip flash of MAX10 ?

To generate hex, you can follow, in your project folder, Make Targets->Build, click mem_init_generate and then Build to generate hex for on-chip RAM and on-chip flash for MAX10.

Eric

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Bill

Can I close this if you have no more inquiry ?

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos
WShep1
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Thanks Bill.

0 Kudos