Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

OpenCL BSP for Intel Cyclone 10 GX

liyu
Beginner

We bought 2 Cyclone 10 GX for prototype purpose, and in terms of the official site it "suppose" to support OpenCL FPGA SDK kit and OpenCL is the selling feature for this product, however, Quartus prime pro did not include bsp for this card. Any one got a clue why this is missing? And is there any plan we could expected to get opencl support soon?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

18.1 version has the bsp for c10gx, you can find it under the directory intelFPGA_pro/hld/board.

0 Kudos
liyu
Beginner

Thanks for the reply could you confirm this bsp support opencl sdk kits?

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
liyu
Beginner

Thanks, probably we r using Windows something is missing, I will try out Linux version​ later

0 Kudos
lking3
Beginner

Thanks. I've installed the AOCL Pro 18.1 for windows, and found the directory "intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/c10gx" ​,but there were only a "hardware" directory and an empty board_env.xml file in it, no other directories. And when I run the aocl install command,it shows:"no board installation routine supplied". Have you ever met the problem?

0 Kudos
lking3
Beginner

I've installed the AOCL Pro 18.1 for windows, and found the directory "intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/c10gx" ​,but there were only a "hardware" directory and an empty board_env.xml file in it, no other subdirectories. And when I run the aocl install command,it shows:"no board installation routine supplied". I thought it was due to lacking of files. Have you ever met the problem

snapshot.png

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Yes, @DongWang-BJTU​  is right. Quartus II Pro versions only support Cyclone 10GX , Arria 10 and Stratix 10 devices. Please download and use the latest Pro version of the tool for complete device support.

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
Hello, Currently, the available OpenCL BSP is targeting these boards: Cyclone V SoC, Stratix V, Stratix 10 GX, Arria 10 GX, and Arria 10 SoC. Thanks
0 Kudos
lking3
Beginner

Thanks. Will OpenCL BSP support Cyclone 10 GX in the future?

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
Hello sir, There is no plan yet to support OpenCL BSP for Cyclone 10 GX. Thanks
0 Kudos