Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

OpenCL version qusetion

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a beginner of OpenCL and I bought the DE10-standard board. In the DE10-standard manual from terasc, the OS version they recommanding is CentOS 7.0 

But when I install the OS and Quartus Program, the Quartus are not working... (quartus version is 16.1) So I have two question. 

1, Is it Ok to use the CentOS 7.0 and Quartus 16.1? 

2. If I change the version, I will change the CentOS version. Which version is best?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus 16.1 is supported on CentoS 7, but the SoC Embedded Design Suite is not (I am not sure if it is needed for OpenCL, though): 

http://dl.altera.com/requirements/16.1/ 

What exactly is your problem with Quartus in CentOS 7.0? Note that as mentioned in the requirements page, Quartus GUI only works in the KDE desktop, but you don't need the GUI for OpenCL. 

I personally use CentOS 6, but it seems Terasic doesn't officially support CentOS 6 anymore.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The EDS is not required unless the HPS will be used as the OpenCL host.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answers Every one. 

I need to install EDS, quartus and Intel OpenCL SDK as OpenCL user guide form terasic. It mentioned that part like below. 

"The CentOS 7.0 Linux distribution is recommended for the OpenCL application" 

I tried one more time to install quartus at CentOS 7.0. If it doesn't work, I will downgrad the OS. 

I don't konw why terasic recommanded Centos 7.0.... :) 

Many Tanks
0 Kudos