Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16618 Discussions

PCIe x8 with Arria II GX and Qsys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to implement a design using an Arria II GX device within Qsys. Although the device handbook clearly states that the gen1 x8 option is available (pages 1-8, 1-9, 1-50, etc.), Qsys throws an error: "Selected device family does not support X8". What's going on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm trying to implement a design using an Arria II GX device within Qsys. Although the device handbook clearly states that the gen1 x8 option is available (pages 1-8, 1-9, 1-50, etc.), Qsys throws an error: "Selected device family does not support X8". What's going on? 

--- Quote End ---  

Look at the table on p1-7, under "Avalon-MM Interface using Qsys Design Flow". Arria II GX gen1 x8 is not supported. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you. Looks like I'll write the code myself and hope that it works. You're quoting from IP Compiler for PCI Express User Guide page 1-7.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you. Looks like I'll write the code myself and hope that it works. You're quoting from IP Compiler for PCI Express User Guide page 1-7. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I was quoting from the PCIe User Guide. 

Do you need x8 right at this instant in time? Quartus 12.0 is supposed to be out shortly (whatever that means :) ). Perhaps the x8 mode will be available with that release. It might be worth waiting. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos