Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16679 Discussions

Porting a project in Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am taking over on a project for someone else who has already initiated a design. I have purchased my Quartus license and I would like to port the project that my co-worker already started onto my machine. Is there an easy way to do this without having to rebuild the whole project from scratch? 

Thanks, 

Kiel
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The easiest way to do this is the with the Quartus Archive tool. Open the project on his machine, generate a quartus archive file, then carry that file to your machine and open it. 

Also, there is nothing preventing you from just copying his directory and putting it on your machine but you might get a bunch of autogenerated files you don't need. 

If you know what files he uses in his design you can just copy those files along with the .qpf (quartus project file) and the .qsf (quartus settings file).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus II has been pretty good about using relative paths instead of absolute since about 9.0, so as explained you won't have much trouble zipping up the directory and copying it over. you will want to delete db/ and incremental_db/ before creating a .zip

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, looks very simple. But trying to open project file(Quartus II web edition 9), ported to other machine (win XP, no difference if native or virtual-Sun Virtual Box] by COPY method, we obtained the following notice 

"The project or revision name contains one or more of the following ilegal characters and cannot be opened: ^&?|<>;' 

but no such characters are present, of course (checked by pspad, invisible chars on) 

Do you have any idea, please? Thanks very much in advance.
0 Kudos