Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Primitives calling out cyclone iii primitives, can't find device support install

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to simulate a project using modelsim. I have Altera 16.0.0.211 Lite Edition, targeting a cyclone iv part. 

The source is instantiating "altpll.v" which does exist in my Altera install. However, when compiling this file in modelsim, it complains that "cycloneiii_pll" does not exist. I can't find source code in my install for this such that I can compile the dependent file. All I can find is "cycloneiii_pll.inc" and "cycloneiii_pll_info.xml", but I'm not sure what to do with these files. 

I thought that I needed to download the device support for cyclone iii, but the tools take me to a "Download Center" page in which the cyclone iii is not an option for downloading. 

What is the right move to be able to simulate my design?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the solution on my own, posting it here in case others have similar confusion. All I had to do was add these lines to my modelsim script: 

vlib altera_mf 

vlog -reportprogress 300 -work altera_mf C:/altera_lite/16.0/quartus/eda/sim_lib/altera_mf.v 

vcom -reportprogress 300 -work altera_mf C:/altera_lite/16.0/quartus/eda/sim_lib/altera_mf_components.vhd
0 Kudos