Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15463 Discussions

Print TDO on JTAG Chain Debugger

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a JTAG chain of 3 devices; I used JTAG Chain Debugger to go through the JTAG chain step-by-step.  

In the example that I attached, I sent an IR instruction to bypass the first 2 devices, and select the ID register of Device 3 (UNKNOWN_1000143). Then, I shift the data registers and I get the correct ID (1000143) for device 3. 

What I want to do is use a .svf to automate the previous commands; I saved the session log and I get the following content for the .svf: 

ENDIR IDLE; ENDDR IDLE; SIR 18 TDI (3FFF1); !TDO (15511) SDR 34 TDI (000000000); !TDO (001000143) 

I also tried to move the semicolon and remove the "!" which I guess is for comments, but I have the same result: "Success to execute file...". 

ENDIR IDLE; ENDDR IDLE; SIR 18 TDI (3FFF1) TDO (15511); SDR 34 TDI (000000000) TDO (001000143); 

I even tried to play with MASK and SMASK (I am still confused with their differences). 

Is it possible to print the value of TDO with JTAG Chain Debugger; or is it something the tool does internally during step-by-step operations? 

Thanks, 

Damien
0 Kudos
0 Replies