Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Problem with Quartus II "ads"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having a problem with Quartus II Web Edition that is installed on my laptop(Running Windows 7 64bit). On the initial load screen are a few ads in a box in the upper left of the view area(Download Subscription edition, sign up to news letter, etc.) and on the bottom right are buttons to go to the documentation and and view the programs information. Thats all fine and dandy on my desktop(Vista 32bit), but on my laptop its making big problems when editing block diagrams. When I create or open a block diagram, those areas become areas where I can't place anything. If I drag a logic unit over one, I just get the "No place" sign(Circle with a slash through it). I don't know why this is happening on my laptop, and I have tried running the program as administrator, without visual themes or desktop composition, and in compatibility mode to Vista SP3. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I have seen similar things with Q10.0sp0 (althought I did not realize that it has something to do with this ads). When I tested Q10.0sp1, I had the impression that this is fixed, but I do not know for sure as I switched back to 9.1sp2 for the moment, until Q10 is "stable". With 9.1sp2, there are never observed something like this. 

Thomas
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I upgraded to sp1 and the issue persisted. I'll try and downgrade to 9.1 like you have and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have seen the same problem with Quartus II 10.0 and 10.0sp1 on Windows 7 x64. 

I have found that this problem only seems to happen the first time you open a document window after loading Quartus. If you close all the document windows and then reopen them, the problem seems to go away until the next time you restart Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem persists even if I do that. I just downgraded, works fine now, gona wait till the next SP of 10, or 10.1 comes out to upgrade again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Run QuartusII in Windows XP compatible mode.

0 Kudos