Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Programming with .ips and .ekp files in command line

GDagi1
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have a JTAG device and am trying to program it through the command line. I have previously programmed using a .pof through:

./quartus_pgm -m jtag -o "p;/path/bitstream.pof@1"

I would now like to program an encrypted bitstream, along with the .ips and .ekp files.

I have these files:

• pins.ips
  • key.ekp
  • encrypted_bitsream.pof

I believe these are the individual commands for adding the key and programming the bitstream:

./quartus_pgm -k -m jtag -o "p;/path/key_file.ekp@1"

./quartus_pgm m jtag -o "p;/path/encrypted_bitsream.pof@1"

I cannot find documentation for adding the .ips file. Could someone help?

Should these 3 commands be sequential or combined in command line?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi GDagi1,

You may take a look and see if this is applicable:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf (page 76-79)

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
GDagi1
New Contributor I

Hi Fakhrul,

Thanks for the response. That is the document I used to come up with the programming commands above. I still have the following questions:

How to add the .ips file?

Should these 3 commands be sequential or combined in command line?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi GDagi1,

I am checking this internally for more clarification

Will get to you once there are any findings

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi GDagi1,

Here's the response I received from the internal teams:

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683865/current/executing-ips-file.html, the IPS file must be programmed along with the .pof file. You can convert this combined file to .jam and then use quartus_jli to execute.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi GDagi1,

I wish to follow up with you on this case. Do you still have further inquiries on this issue? Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so that we could further assist you.

Otherwise, this thread will be idling and marked as inactive, thus it will be transitioned to community support because there is no update received from you in a while.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos