Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus Prime 20.1 hangs when accessing vector waveform simulation settings

pedantic_2025
Beginner

I have Quartus Prime Lite 20.1 running on Windows 11 for school. The program crashes (all Quartus Prime windows stop responding to input, do not gain focus, and do not allow the program to close except through Task Manager) when accessing the vector waveform simulation settings. As far as I know, there is no workaround since Quartus Prime generates a simulation script which immediately errors out.

When Quartus Prime hangs, it seems that only the Qt 4 library, which manages Quartus Prime's GUI, remains active. In other words, when it crashes, the lights are on but nobody's home. Looking in Task Manager, the RAM usage remains constant and none of the other usage fields indicate activity.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

HI Joshua,

Can you use supported OS e.g. Win 10 instead of 11? I assume this could be due to OS issue.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Joshua,

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Joshua,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos