Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16732 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro 22.4 fail to generate programming file for Agilex7 I-series

ASiu0
Beginner

Hi,

Quartus: Prime Pro 22.4.0 Build 94

EVB: Agilex I-series (DK-DEV-AGI027RES) [AGIB027R29A1E2VR0]

I am using the Quartus Prime Pro (30 day evaluation). Quartus Prime Pro prompt "Can't generate programming files because you are currently using the Quartus Prime software in Evaluation Mode. (Message ID 292011)".  

Section 1.7 "Device Support and Pin-Out Status" of "Prime Pro 22.4 Release Note (RN-01082-22.4.0)". FPGA AGIB027R29A-R0 is "preliminary support (Full compilation ... programming support are available)". FPGA AGIB027R29A is "advanced support (... but does not generate programming files)

The information provide in section 1.7 of Prime Pro 23.1 (newer version) Release Note is even worst. FPGA AGIB027R29* is removed from "preliminary support" list. Only FPGA AGIB027R29A show in "advanced support" list.

Per the Prime Pro 22.4 message, I guess I can generate programming file after I purchase the license.

Per the Prime Pro 22.4 release note, I am not sure whether the FPGA of this EVB is under "preliminary" / "advanced support" list.

Per the Prime Pro 23.1 release note, the FPGA of this EVB is under "advanced support" list. So can't generate FPGA programming file.

These information make me very confuse on whether I can generate FPGA programming file with Prime Pro. Please help to clarify with what setup can generate FPGA programming file for this EVB.

Thx.,

Albert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. We apologize for the difficulty happens and delay as I’m out of office recently. Please give me some time to further check with our teammate regarding your issue. I’ll be back with an update.

*Please be informed that we will be out of office from 20/April to 02/May due to Eid al-Fitr public holiday here. Kindly expect some delay in response if you are going to post an update.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi ASiu0,

I am currently in the process of obtaining further clarification from the software team regarding this matter. I apologize for the delayed response and appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi ASiu0,

Based on the feedback I received from the internal team, if you are using the Quartus design software subscription edition in the 30-day free evaluation mode then no programming file(s) will be generated. You will need a valid license file to enable programming file generation.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Please be advised that due to the absence of a response from you regarding the previous notification we provided, we will be transitioning this thread to community support. If you have any new questions or concerns, we kindly suggest opening a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. However, if you do not have any further inquiries, the community users will be available to assist you on this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos