Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

Quartus RTL Viewer crashes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using Quartus II v13.1 for an existing project and wanted to check my design with RTL viewer after I made some modifications. 

Unfortunately, Quartus II systematically crashes with the following error message. 

Any advice? 

thanks 

Jylo 

*** Fatal Error: Int Divide By Zero 

Module: quartus.exe 

Stack Trace: 

0x103e54: QPainterPath::ensureData + 0x394  

0x104150: QPainterPath::ensureData + 0x690  

0x103765: operator* + 0x285  

0x165f: safer_scalable_free_msvcr100 + 0xf  

0x18c162: QPaintDevice::depth + 0xe1e2  

End-trace 

Quartus II 32-bit Version 13.1.0 Build 162 10/23/2013 SJ Web Edition
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You'll have to raise a ticket with altera my support. But is there any reason you're not using a newer version? Q13 is v unlikely to get a fix

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

But is there any reason you're not using a newer version? Q13 is v unlikely to get a fix 

--- Quote End ---  

Just because Altera usually recommended not to upgrade while in the middle of a development process. 

This project has been started couples years ago but is still under development. 

Our intend is to switch to a newer version to be able to use newer devices (such as Max10), but we first need to complete this project based on Cyclone IV. 

Thanks anyway for your feedback.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you're a big enough customer (ie, you buy enough chips) and the problem is going to block of lot of chip sales, you may get a special Quartus Build. But other than that, you're going to have to contact them 

They may be able to tell you what the problem is anyway, and give you a work around..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you're a big enough customer (ie, you buy enough chips) and the problem is going to block of lot of chip sales, you may get a special Quartus Build. 

--- Quote End ---  

Unfortunately I'm not :( 

However I found a workaround by simply not trying to open the top level but go down in the hierarchy and then double click on the item I want to check... 

Thanks again for your feedback 

Jylo
0 Kudos