Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16680 Discussions

Quartus Web Eddition and Encrypted Files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I was trying to run some simulations using Cadence and Quartus 11.1 sp 2 Linux Web edition. I tried targeting a design for the Cyclone V, and I noticed that the cadence setup script provided for the example design (ncsim_setup.sh) is trying to include the files: 

.../quartus/eda/sim_lib/cadence/...._ncrypt.v 

I checked the directory and noticed there is no cadence directory or any other eda directory, mentor, synopsys,etc. The non encrypted files are all there, it is just the eda specific files that are missing. 

Do the encrypted IP files not get included in the web edition? Or perhaps they come from a different file or download? 

-G
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

they are in my subscription installation. i'll see if i can attach them to the wiki

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the help. They seem to be working fine. It was probably some bug in the instalation script that had left them out somehow as the docs all state Cadence is supported.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i'm sure Altera figures that customers with 3rd party simulators have Quartus Subscription Edition

0 Kudos