Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

Quartus crashes when saving a file in project (can't save any files) - PLEASE HELP!!

Lily14
Beginner

I'm using Quartus for my class, specifically this version: Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition Design Software Version 22.1 for Windows.

I'm running Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 7. I know my laptop isn't very powerful, but I'm pretty sure it has the RAM and storage space for it to properly run. 

Because I have a weak laptop, my first idea was to use my external ssd drive to download and run Quartus. I downloaded and set up Quartus fully on the ssd, and I could successfully create a project. Once I created a VHDL file and tried to save it, Quartus just closes and doesn't save the file. 

I then installed it on my local C drive, and I could run the program/create a new project, but trying to save a file still crashes the Quartus. 

I found this somewhere, but it didn't fix my issue: "When you create a new project, the program asks you in which directory you want to save it. The default is something like C:\intelFPGA_lite\20.1, or with your current version replacing 20.1 All you have to do is simply change it to another directory on your device and it should work. As noted by RSIMP2, this directory is read-only which is why the program doesn't respond and the project is never created."

I'm SO DESPERATE for help!! Please lmk if you have any idea why this is happening or how I can fix it.

Re: Quartus crashes crashes when open dialog box 

Quartus crashes 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Seems like a bad installation.  I've run Quartus from both the C drive and an external drive with no issues.

It crashes no matter where you try to save the file?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Seem to me like a bad installation or there is some heavy task is running in the background conflicting with Quartus

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Let me know if there is any update

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos