Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15385 Discussions

Quartus runs but the GUI doesn't open or show

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I freshly downloaded Quartus Lite 17.0 and have installed it on my laptop with Windows 10. Previous versions of Quartus seem to have ran fine but this version doesn't. When I try and open Quartus, the process runs and consumes massive amount of computer resources (maxing out a core and using a ton of RAM) but the GUI never seems to show. I've tried opening after a fresh restart (first program to be ran) along with leaving it running for a few hours but with no successful results. Any reasons for why this could be? 

Thanks 

edit: For reasons completely unknown to me, after I opened the Quartus Programmer, Quartus decided to open! I'm unsure to the reasoning for this but this solves my problem. Sorry to waste your time!
0 Kudos
0 Replies