Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

Questa fails to launch (after previously working fine)

0YE0
Beginner

Hello,

I attempt launching Questa after not accessing it for a couple of weeks, but it is stuck on the black terminal screen (see below). The license file is valid, and Quartus load without a hitch.

No one touched this computer for a couple of weeks (been on vacation), so I can't figure out why the program won't load all of a sudden. 

In another forum questions it was suggested to check the Quartus path to Questa. 

In Quartus when going to Tools -> Options I do not have the " EDA Tools Options" tab.

Using Quartus 22.1 Pro and Questa 2022.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel
  1. Could you try to launch the Questa with admin privileges?
  2. There is a chance that other software on the system may be conflicting with the Questa Tool. Try closing other applications and disabling any anti-virus software temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
  3. If issue still persists, you might need to reinstall the software (with admin privileges).

The EDA Tools Options only available in Quartus Standard/lite. Not in Quartus Pro.

This is due to the Nativelink simulation flow only supported in Quartus Standard/lite.

Hope that clarify. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel
  1. Could you try to launch the Questa with admin privileges?
  2. There is a chance that other software on the system may be conflicting with the Questa Tool. Try closing other applications and disabling any anti-virus software temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
  3. If issue still persists, you might need to reinstall the software (with admin privileges).

The EDA Tools Options only available in Quartus Standard/lite. Not in Quartus Pro.

This is due to the Nativelink simulation flow only supported in Quartus Standard/lite.

Hope that clarify. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0YE0
Beginner

Hi Richard!

Thanks for your replay, I apologize for not responding earlier, as the notification was sent tomy Junk Mail
Running the app as Administrator did solve the issue.  I can't figure out why that started out of the blue, perhaps a Windows update thing. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm glad to hear that your question has been addressed. Well, as long as the solution does the job and resolves the issue, that's what really matters! 

Also, thank you for acknowledging the solution provided. Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos