Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

RTL Text Editor -> how to use both Editors (built-in & external)?

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

Usually I'm using an External Text Editor for RTL coding, but sometime I need the built-in Quartus RTL Text Editor in order to insert the Code Templates, etc.

As for the External Editor, I've defined it in the Quartus Options as a Preferred Text Editor. But how can I launch separately the Quartus' built-in Text Editor as well?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Based on what I know, Quartus' built-in Text Editor can't be launched stand-alone.

You can detach the text editor but Quartus software need to be opened at the same time.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
amildm
Valued Contributor I

No problem having the Quartus open at the same time while working with built-in Editor, but how can I open files with the built-in Editor when it's detached?

It seems it's impossible to open the files with the built-in Editor when it's detached.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think the feature that best suits your description is in detached Text Editor, go to Edit -> Insert File. You can't open another file directly within detached Text Editor since the detached Text Editor is for you to edit a specific file.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos