Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

SOPC Builder error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all,  

I'm new on using SOPC Builder in Quartus II (10.1) on a DE2 board (cyclone2). 

I was trying to run an old tutorial(the one that i find in the DE2 cd) ,in order to understand how to use SOPC,that implement a nios2/e with 2 PIO(input-8switch, output-8LED),jtag uart and a ram.. but i have a problem in generating file in SOPC builder; the error that stops the generation is  

"PIO inputs are not hardwired in testbench. undefined values will be read from PIO inputs during simulation" 

Someone can help me to go on with that?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi: 

Dont worry, that's not an error, it's just a warning, you can continue working in the NIOS II IDE with the system created from SoPC Builder. 

However, if the system generations stops, it has to be other thing. If you want, paste here the messages shown in the SoPC to see them and maybe help u.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, thanks for you answer 

it wasn't a warning, was an error that stopped the system generation. But i solved it! I had to put a check in the checkbox at the bottom of the window of PIO input to hardwire it!
0 Kudos