Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Size of modules

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to compile a design which can benefit from vectorization. The kernel is performing the same operation on an array of items, but when i use a wider type (int4 instead of int), it fails to compile (Internal Compiler Error) - it compiles fine with int2. The likely cause is too many resources begin consumed. Initial estimates report greater than 100% of Memory Blocks.  

Is there a way for me to understand which constructs are taking up too much space/memory blocks? I am using atomics, so it would help if there is a way for me to relate the instances of an instructions along a control path in the OpenCL with how much resources are being used.  

Thanks,  

(AOCL 14 on DE1-SoC/CycloneV)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

With AOC 14, no; with 15 and above you can generate an area report that gives you details of area usage line by line (check Altera's OpenCL documentation). The latest version of the report is provided in v16.1 and above. You should absolutely avoid using old versions of AOC.

0 Kudos