Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Small Hello World Project gives "undefined reference to 'null' Error

WShep1
New Contributor II

When I build a new NIOS Project from Template using the Small Hello World Template and then try to compile the Project, I get a "undefined reference to 'null' Error as shown on the attached Screen Shot.  I have not modified the source file at all.  All of the project is SBT generated straight out of the box with no modifications by me.  I am using the NIOS II SBT for Eclipse tool that come with Quartus Lite 22.1.

Can any tell me what I am doing wrong

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I see you have opened a thread/case regarding NIOS II on No Source Available for "" Error. It seems to be the continuation from that previous error that causes the error you have now. It is a duplicated case, therefore you may try with the workaround and solution from the previous case and see whether this error can be eliminated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I see you have opened a thread/case regarding NIOS II on No Source Available for "" Error. It seems to be the continuation from that previous error that causes the error you have now. It is a duplicated case, therefore you may try with the workaround and solution from the previous case and see whether this error can be eliminated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
WShep1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your attention to the request.  With further investigation, I found multiple problems that were contributing to this error.  I now have a working configuration and so you can close this case.

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos