Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Synthesis problem when instanciating different GXB tranceivers

LFahem
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am making a design that uses Triple Speed Ethernet. My design contains different instances of this IP and I want to define a partition for each TSE instance. However when trying this, Quartus can not synthesise the design and I get this error message

Error(19315): HSSI Tranceivers related IPs are not in the same partition. 

Furthermore, TSE instances are independant. So I do not understand why quartus can not make the synthesis of my design. It is worth mentioning that when putting all TSE instances in the same partition, I get no error message. So , is there a way to solve this problem? I am working with quartus 17.0 on the ARRIA 10 FPGA.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hello,

Apparently, Incremental Compilation can not be done with particular IPs. Actually, hardware IPs like lvds and hps, sould be assigned to the root partition.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We can successfully compile the TSE instances with independent partition or with merge partition.

Can you share the design file or elaborate more on steps which will help me to recreate the scenario?

partition.png

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

LFahem
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for answering my question. Actually, I made an entity that contains a Triple Speed Ethernet, an FPLL and a Phy Reset Controller. Then I createde a top level design with two instances of this entity. According to th quartus error messages, I think that the problem is coming from the FPLL and the Phy Reset Controller. I have uploaded the bloc design and the quartue error message.

Best regards.

bloc_design.pngquartus_screen_shot.png

0 Kudos
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have forgotten to mention the options that I have chosen for my TSE when creating it with Qsys. The images below indicate my choices. Choosing GXB transceivers implies the use of an FPLL and a phy reset controller.

Best regards.

tse_core_configuration.pngpcs_transceivers_options.png

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks,

I have just used setting mentioned in previous posts but not succeeded in reproducing the scenario or error.

Can you share the project file?

I was able to successfully compile the project attached image for reference.

Eth_Fpll_ResCnt_pait.png

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hi,

Here is my project. I am working with Quartus pro Edition 17.0 on Arria 10 FPGA.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

Testing....​

0 Kudos
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hello,

Apparently, Incremental Compilation can not be done with particular IPs. Actually, hardware IPs like lvds and hps, sould be assigned to the root partition.

Best regards.

0 Kudos